- Bone Grafting
- Extraction Site Preservation
- Ridge Augmentation
- Emergency Tooth Extractions
- Wisdom Teeth Removal
Oral surgery is a branch of dentistry that focuses on improving the health, function, and appearance of the teeth, gums, jaw, and other supporting structures. In most cases, our dentist strives to provide the most conservative treatments, so as to give you the results you need and want without undergoing complex procedures; however, oral surgery may be necessary in situations where specific corrections need to be made, or if you require extensive care to improve your oral health. Some of the most common oral surgery procedures include:
- Tooth Extraction: typically performed on teeth that are damaged, decayed, or infected beyond repair, or that pose a threat to the health of other teeth or supporting structures
- Wisdom Teeth Removal: extracting the wisdom teeth, or third molars, if they become impacted or erupt incorrectly
- Jaw Surgery: also known as orthognathic surgery, this procedure is often used to correct misaligned bites caused by improper jaw growth, or to improve how dentures fit in the mouth
- Bone Grafts: often performed to improve bone density to increase the chances of a successful implant procedure
While our dentist is skilled and trained to perform some oral surgery procedures in our office, we also work with trusted, local specialists and oral surgeons to make sure that you receive proper and complete treatment with the best possible results. When you visit our practice, our dentist will thoroughly evaluate your condition to help you know if oral surgery is right for your needs. If so, our team will work hard to ensure that your treatment is as successful and comfortable as possible.
For more information about oral surgery, we invite you to call or visit us today. We would be happy to set up a consultation with our dentist and answer any questions you may have.